||Outstanding Contributions to the Advancement of Language Resources and Language Technology Evaluation within Human Language Technologies
The ELRA Board has created a prize to honour the memory of its first president, professor Antonio Zampolli, a pioneer and visionary scientist who was internationally recognized in the field of computational linguistics and Human Language Technologies (HLT). He also contributed much through the establishment of ELRA and the LREC conference. To reflect Antonio Zampolli's specific interest in our field, the Prize will be awarded to individuals whose work lies within the areas of Language Resources and Language Technology Evaluation with acknowledged contributions to their advancements. The ELRA Antonio Zampolli Prize was awarded to:
- Fredrick Jelinek, from John Hopkins University, Baltimore (USA), at LREC 2004, in Lisbon. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Christiane Fellbaum and George A. Miller, from Princeton University, Princeton (USA), at LREC 2006, in Genoa. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Yorick Wilks, from the Oxford Internet Institute and the Computer Science Department of the University of Sheffield (UK), at LREC 2008, in Marrakech. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Mark Liberman, from the University of Pennsylvania (USA), at LREC 2010, in Malta. The presentation can be viewed here.
- Charles Fillmore and Collin Baker, from the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI), University of California Berkeley (USA), and Oriental Committee for the Co-Ordination and Standardisation of Speech Databases and Assessment Techniques (Oriental COCOSDA) at LREC 2012, in Istanbul. The presentations are not available.
- Alex Waibel from Carnegie Mellon University (USA) and Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany) at LREC 2014. His presentation can be seen in video on Youtube.
- Roger K. Moore from University of Sheffield (UK) at LREC 2016.The presentation can be viewed here.
- Eva Hajičová from Charles University, Prague, (Czech Republic) at LREC 2018.
- Steven Bird from Northern Institute, Charles Darwin University (Australia) at LREC 2022. The video presentation can be viewed here. Steven Bird also gave a guitar concert that is available here.