The overall task of this lot is to implement the acquisition of additional language resources and related refinement/processing services (with e.g. anonymisation) and their provision to the language resource repository of the CEF automated translation platform.
The short-term objective is to acquire high-quality IPR-cleared language resources (parallel corpora) in all CEF languages in topical areas relevant to CEF DSIs.
The long-term objective is to contribute and complement the language resource collection in the Member States (coordinated by lot 2), in view to reach an acceptable level of automated translation quality in key areas of CEF DSIs, where multilingual functionalities are needed.
The project partners are working on all the four following tasks:
- T1 Language Resource Identification
- T2 Language Resource Processing
- T3 Language Resource Compiling and Production
- T4 On-site assistance
- Start date: December 2016
- End date: 31 December 2019
- Duration : 36 months
- Funded by: SMART 2015/1091
- DFKI German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (Germany)
- Evaluations and Language Resources Distribution Agency SA (France)
- Tilde SIA (Latvia) (Coordination)